Who is Speaking?
PROVIDER SYMPOSIUM KEYNOTE: RASU SHRESTHA, MD, MBA
Sunday, 9/16, 10:05 am – 10:20 am PST
Dr. Shrestha will discuss healthcare transformation through meaningful innovation, from the perspective of a progressive integrated delivery system: the what, the how, and the why.
RISK EQUALS REWARD: OPTIMIZING RISK ADJUSTMENT THROUGH TECHNOLOGY-ENABLED PAYER/PROVIDER COLLABORATION
Monday, 9/17, 12:40 pm – 1:40 pm PST
Join Dr. Rasu Shrestha, CIO of UPMC and EVP of UPMC Enterprises, Anand Shroff, Founder and Chief Development Officer of Health Fidelity, and Dr. Adele Towers, Director of Risk Adjustment of UPMC, to learn how integrated health system, UPMC, is partnering with startups such as Health Fidelity to address the shift from volume to value-based care.
As the number of risk-adjusted lives is growing at a rate of 15 – 20 percent annually, there is both an opportunity and a challenge as payers and providers look to accurately quantify risk. Providers needs tools to accurately capture risk, while payers need a way to validate risk. UPMC is a payer and provider who has dealt with this challenge first hand through its partnership with risk-adjustment technology provider, Health Fidelity.
- Rasu Shrestha, MD, MBA, Chief Innovation Officer, UPMC, and Executive Vice President, UPMC Enterprises
- Adele Towers, MD, MPH, FACP, Director, Risk Adjustment, UPMC Enterprises
- Anand Shroff, Founder and Chief Development Officer, Health Fidelity
EMR EVOLUTION: HOW THE BIG PLAYERS ARE CHANGING THE GAME
Tuesday, 9/18, 3:25pm – 4:35pm PST
Apple’s foray into health records rallied the likes of Epic, Cerner, Allscripts, and athenahealth to build a network of data integration. Meanwhile the ONC has doubled down on data sharing. This renewed energy has many wondering if 2018 is the year we finally reach a standard of interoperability that meets the collective needs of patients, of policy-makers, of clinical decision-makers. In “EMR Evolution: How Big Players Are Changing the Game”, we’ll explore the transition into cloud-based networks, we’ll ask “who controls the data?” and we’ll chat with some of the biggest players about how we got here and where we’re going.
- Dr. Rasu Shrestha, Chief Innovation Officer, UPMC, and Executive Vice President, UPMC Enterprises
- John Gresham, Senior Vice President, DeviceWorks and Interoperability, Cerner Corporation
- Jim Hewitt, Executive VP, Solutions Development, Allscripts
- Matthew Holt, Co-Chairman, Health 2.0
- Omri Shor, CEO & Co-Founder, Medisafe
- Simon Kos, Chief Medical Officer, Microsoft
- Aashima Gupta, Global Head of Healthcare Solutions, Google Cloud
Portfolio Company Speaking Engagements
A NEW CONTINUUM: TECHNOLOGY THROUGH THE PATIENT JOURNEY
Monday, 9/17, 11:25 am – 12:25 pm PST
In this session, we’ll take a look at innovative platforms that help manage follow-up appointments, provide care instructions, and even sort out the finances.
If health happens everywhere, then so should health care. The experience of being a patient does not start and stop at the hospital doors, which is why ecosystems of care teams and technology are expanding, helping patients get from healing to healthy in their own homes. These solutions really are the technology that helps providers, help patients.
- Mike McSherry, CEO, Xealth
- Bonnie Feldman, DDS, MBA, Chief Growth Officer
- Michael Cwalinski, Co-founder & CEO, repisodic
- Tanvi Abbhi, Co-Founder, Veta Health
- Matt Morris, COO, Fitango Health
- Arel Lidow, Co-Founder and Head of Product, Cedar
- Cathey Kilner, Senior Product Manager, Vocera Communications
If you are interested in meeting with us or learning more about UPMC Enterprises, contact us.
A Year in Review: A comprehensive look at UPMC Enterprises 2020
Over the last year, UPMC Enterprises, our portfolio companies, and select partners have all supported UPMC’s mission of Life Changing Medicine. In the booklet below, we have compiled highlights from a truly unique year and recognize the team members and projects that have enabled our success.
Werewolf Therapeutics launches as publicly traded company
Werewolf Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company pioneering the development of therapeutics to stimulate the body’s immune …
The Intersection of Value and AI: Where Machines Can Make a Difference
Upcoming CCM panel discussion features experts from UPMC, Vanderbilt, NCQA, and Astrata on the future of artificial intelligence in health care