Curavi Health focuses on developing technological innovation across the post-acute care spectrum. Its first solution is a novel telemedicine platform which aims to significantly reduce potentially avoidable hospitalizations and to optimize resident care in nursing homes. Curavi allows for live, video-enabled consults with geriatricians and other specialists at the University of Pittsburgh. Curavi stems from work done at UPMC pursuant to a CMS Innovation Award and was organically developed at UPMC — it was spun out in 2016.
About Curavi Health:
- Telemedicine for post-acute care
- Founded 2016
- Headquarters: Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Curavi developed and launched by UPMC Enterprises
- Based on work by UPMC geriatrician Dr. Steven Handler
- Telemedicine consults staffed by UPMC physicians